Pages

The One-Minute Writer


Friday, March 18, 2011

Sports

When I was in elementary school I played soccer for a couple years. I had fun but I was never very good at it. Then in High School I joined the cross country team. I was not the fastest or the best but I improved weekly. I just had to beat my own best time...That was good for me. I helped keep stats for the boys basketball team one year, I took lots of dance lessons and played basketball with my friends at the park but that was it.

Let me be clear, I LOVE sports. Baseball (I manage my own strat-o-matic baseball team and have drafted numerous fantasy teams) is my favorite, football, basketball, boxing (which is my new interest. I actually got a heavy bag, some gloves and go beat the bag into submission-great stress reliever and KILLER upper body work out!). However, as mentally prepared as I am for any of these, physically I am klutzy and inept. I broke my toe cleaning my bathroom once...I broke a different toe carrying a basket of laundry across the room and tripped over a ginormous chair! Athletically inclined I am not. I know what's supposed to happen, but getting it done? I'm not your girl! I will try, and if you don't mind my crazy flailings on the field, I'm there! If you want to win, make me your statistician. I am one MEAN record keeper! (I think my husband STILL resents the reach on error I gave him one year in softball when he got to third on the right fielder's miscue. He argued to make that a triple all season!)

No comments:

Post a Comment