Pages

The One-Minute Writer


Thursday, March 17, 2011

Favorite Holiday

When it comes right down to it I don't know that I have a favorite holiday.  To me every holiday means food, family and (hopefully) a good time.  More importantly than that I chose to love holidays because I try to enjoy them through Samantha's eyes instead of my own.

I laughed the other day because I think she has finally realized that, get this, holiday characters are make believe!  Imagine that...so, while the fun of that is gone, now I can move on and try to teach her the importance of each holiday and the meaning behind it.

So, after some serious thought (and typing) I would have to say my favorite holiday is Easter.  It shows signs of Spring arriving, there is always good food involved in it, you get to wear pretty dresses and take pictures outside, unless you live in Ohio and it snows or rains, and it is a time of celebration in the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment