Pages

The One-Minute Writer


Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Social Media

Hey my name is Kathy and I am a social media addict. Ok that felt good to get off my chest. I started with myspace because of my friends being on there and asked me to join as well. I thought it was the best thing on earth. When facebook came out I was like there is no way I am getting on facebook. But next thing I know I am saying bye bye to myspace and growing up to facebook. I have tried Twitter, but am not a huge twitter fan. I mainly use facebook all day. I post pictures of my family and my latest craft projects. When I am organizing parties I set up a facebook event. It does make things easy as far as keeping up with people. But I do believe social media has taken some of the personal touches out of life. Like instead of calling someone I can just send them a message on facebook. Instead of sending a birthday card I could just send a image gift on facebook. When is the last time you sent a handwritten letter to someone? Also social media is a huge addiction for me and alot of people. The thought of going a whole day without my computer sometimes scares me. But I am taking baby steps towards not being addicted to social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment