Pages

The One-Minute Writer


Saturday, March 26, 2011

Pet Peeve

One? I only get one? I have sooo many! Grammatical errors. They annoy the heck out of me. I don't know why. I am the grammar police in our house. I remember when Stephen was 4 or 5 and he was telling me a story saying "...and then I bringed..." at which point I just gave him the hairy eyeball. He quickly backed up and said "I BROUGHT.." and continued with his story.

I think the other one that tops my list is eating noises. I do NOT need to see the food in your mouth. I do not need to HEAR you eating whatever it is. Do not slurp. You CAN eat soup quietly. Trust me. Lip smacking is a no no. Humming while you eat and general orgasmic happy sounds just annoy me to no end. I don't need to hear it. Food should be a quiet experience. Finger sucking. Licking your fingers after you eat? That is just gross! Oh, and please, please, PLEASE refrain from talking to me with food in your mouth. I will be quite happy to wait until you finish chewing.

I have a friend who feels the same about the noisy eating. We are planning a coup in the name of the quiet eaters of the world. We plan to unite and take over.

Now I sound like an uptight psychopath, don't I? LOL!

3 comments:

  1. LOL, I would never make it as a guest in your house, especially if you were serving chicken smothered in BBQ sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A psychopath? No. You sound like my husband! At least with the chewing noises pet peeve.

    I love the concept of your site! It's a genius idea, really! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely don't sound like a psychopath! I think you've hit all of my pet peeves on the head. I have a friend who manages to slurp cereal. Ughhhh! It drives me so crazy!

    ReplyDelete