Pages

The One-Minute Writer


Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Diet and Exercise

OK I know I'm a little late with this post, but I had to answer. Yes. Very important. Not that I am the epitome of physical perfection or anything, but I actually LOVE my workout! LOVE it. Boxing and Yoga are my 2 favorites. I mean you feel so good after yoga, even the evil Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper kind (you know the sweat pouring off you so you have to clean off the mat?)! Boxing. What can I say? You beat the crap out of a heavy bag till you just can't lift your arms anymore. It's cardio, it tones legs, arms, back, stomach and it relieves so much stress it's not funny. As a bonus there you can jump rope, do jumping jacks, push ups (Which are my least favorite exercises EVER!!!-and there are sooo many different types of them. Blech!) weights, all sorts of fun stuff to prepare you for the actual boxing.

I also try and make healthy dinners and enjoy cooking for my family. I try to teach my kids what is healthy and what isn't. They're learning why we eat things and what benefits we get from food. I mean food is there to make us healthy and heal us. As long as it's the right kind, it'll do wonders to heal you when you're sick and prevent future illness.

But then I see french fries and everything I just wrote goes out the window :-) he he!

No comments:

Post a Comment