Pages

The One-Minute Writer


Friday, April 1, 2011

Classes

My favorite class ever since I started school was always art class. I love creating new things and getting messy. I ended up going to UNCC and majoring in Art with a concentration in Graphic Design. But my all time favorite class was my African American Art History Class. The teacher was so passionate about the subject and teaching that it made the class a breeze and a joy to come too. The best part about the class was we focused on local African American artists as well as national artists. Each week we had the usual lecture hall class where we looked at slides and talked about each image. Then each week we did a field trip, where we visited local galleries and local artists. I enjoyed meeting the local artists the most because it was a chance to meet a real artist that was making a living doing their art. One artist that I enjoyed, and sadly can't remember their name. Was creating art work, but also had started a community program where kids could come after school to learn art and get help with their homework each day. It was a way to keep kids off the streets and out of trouble. By the end of the semester my eyes were open to a new area of art and also new ways to use my art to influence my community. And this class was the only art history class I made a A in.

No comments:

Post a Comment